ISTQB® Certified Tester – Advanced Level, Test Automation Engineer – 12 May (In-class & Livestream)
May 12 @ 9:00 am – May 16 @ 5:00 pm
This course is a must for each test automation professional and is the best preparation for the certification exam.
The course is a preparation for the exam and is accredited by ISTQB® and ISQI®. In addition to preparation for the exam the training will offer you lots of exercises to help you build up hands-on experience. Part of the exercises will even be based on your own System Under Test.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- comprehend objectives, advantages, disadvantages, and limitations of test automation.
- identify the success factors for test automation.
- understand “design for testability” and “design for test automation” methods applicable to the SUT.
- contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process.
- evaluate best fit to the project and the organization (tools and technology)
- create an approach for building a test automation solution.
- design and develop test automation solutions that meet the requirements.
- enable an automated testing approach.
- create automated test reporting and metrics collection.
This course is intended for anyone who has already been working in the sector for a few years and wants to develop their skills further and wish to improve their expertise in test automation.
- Everyone new to test automation.
- Experienced testers who require a deeper understanding of test automation.
- Developers interested in test automation.
- Test analysts, test developers, test managers
- or everyone who wants to prepare for the ISTQB® Advanced Level, Test Automation Engineer examination in software testing.
You’re holder of the ISTQB® CTFL Certificate in software testing and. You have several months of experience as a tester. Preferably you have some scripting/programming knowledge (or you should be keen on learning this).
The course is structured according to the ISTQB® Certified Tester-Advanced Level, Test Automation Engineer syllabus. This way you can relate the topics covered in the course to the syllabus.
- Test Automation
- Purpose of Test automation
- Success Factors
- Preparing for Test Automation
- SUT Factors influencing Test Automation
- Tool Evaluation and Selection
- Design for Testability and Automation
- The Generic Test Automation Architecture
- Introduction to gTAA
- TAA design
- TAS Development
- Deployment Risks and Contingencies
- Test Automation Approach and Planning of Deployment/Rollout
- Risk Assessment and mitigation strategies
- Test Automation Maintenance
- Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
- Selection of TAS Metrics
- Implementation of Measurement
- Logging of the TAS and the SUT
- Test Automation Reporting
- Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
- Criteria for Automation
- Automation within Regression Testing
- Automation within New Feature Testing
- Automation of Confirmation Testing
- Verifying the TAS
- Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
- Verifying the Automated Test Suite
- Continuous Improvement
- Options for Improving Test Automation
- Test Automation Improvement
- Application of the theory
- During this training you will apply the things you learn on a real life application!
The course duration is 3 days. It is organized in-class, although you’re always able to follow the training via livestream.
Our accredited trainer shares his/her experience in software testing through various real-life examples. Different mock exams ensure that you’re optimally prepared to pass your certification exam.
Course material is in English, The course can be given in Dutch.
All training material (course hand-out, syllabus, glossary, practical assignments with solutions and sample exams) are provided digital 2 weeks before the start of the training.
The exam can be taken via a flex (remote), in class or in an exam center of choice (Pearson View).
- 40 multiple-choice questions.
- Scoring of 1 point for each correct answer.
- Pass mark of 65%.
- Duration of 90 minutes (or 113, if the candidate’s native language is not the exam language).
€ 1.945/person for 3 days. All prices are inclusive of the exam fee, which is subject to change. At the time of publishing the exam fee is € 245 per person. All prices are VAT excluded; course material, lunch and beverages are included.
By participant: if a subscribed course participant is replaced by another participant or if the public course is postponed to a later date, no cancellation costs apply. A participant or a group that fails to attend, or that cancels a course without at least 15 working days written notice prior to the course start, is liable for the full subscription cost. Exam fee is always due.
By ttl.be: ttl.be reserves the right to cancel a course at any time.
All courses begin promptly at 9 am and are scheduled until 5 pm.
This course is organized at an open location or can be given at the client site and are available for groups as well. Livestream is foreseen for all our open in-class training courses. Please contact us if you wish further information.