ISTQB® Certified Tester – Foundation Level, Agile Tester – 16, 17 June (In-class)
June 16 @ 9:00 am – June 17 @ 5:00 pm
This course is a must for each test professional and is the best preparation for the certification exam. It’s useful for both developers and testers.
A tester on an Agile project will work differently than one working on a traditional project. Testers must understand the values and principles that underpin Agile projects, and how testers are an integral part of a whole-team approach together with developers and business representatives.
Participants are introduced into the world of agile software development and testing, the difference between agile and traditional testing, different test methods, techniques, and tools. All aimed at agile environments.
The Agile Tester will give the tester the knowledge to be part of agile testing teams and achieve high performance.
The course is a preparation for the exam and is accredited by ISTQB® and ISQI®. In addition to preparation for the exam, the training will offer you numerous exercises to help you build up hands-on experience
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- collaborate in a cross-functional Agile team being familiar with principles and basic practices of Agile software development.
- adapt existing testing experience and knowledge to Agile values and principles.
- support the Agile team in planning test-related activities.
- apply relevant methods and techniques for testing in an Agile project.
- assist the Agile team in test automation activities.
- assist business stakeholders in defining understandable and testable user stories, scenarios, requirements, and acceptance criteria as appropriate.
- work and share information with other team members using effective communication styles and channels.
In general, a Certified Tester Foundation Level – Agile Tester is expected to have acquired the necessary skills to working effectively within an Agile team and environment.
This course is intended for anyone who has already been working in the sector for a few years and wants to develop their skills further and wish to improve their expertise in testing in agile environments.
- Test Managers, Test Analysts
- Experienced testers who require a deeper understanding of agile testing.
- Project managers
Everyone who wants to prepare for the ISTQB® Foundation Level, Agile Tester examination in software testing.
On top of that, if you pass the exam, you will hold the ISTQB® CTFL, Agile Tester certificate which:
- is considered as a plus on your CV.
You can find the syllabus here
Successful completion of the ISTQB® Foundation Certificate is a prerequisite to taking the ISTQB® Foundation, Agile Tester Certificate examination.
The course is structured according to the ISTQB® Foundation, Agile Tester syllabus. This way you can relate the topics covered in the course to the syllabus.
Agile Software Development
- The fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- Aspects of Agile Approaches
Fundamentals of Agile Testing Principles, Practices & Processes
- The difference between Testing in traditional and Agile approaches
- Status of Testing in Agile Project
- Role and skills of a Tester in an Agile Team
Agile Testing Methods, Techniques & Tools
- Agile Testing Methods
- Assessing quality risks and estimating test effort
- Techniques in Agile projects
- Tools in Agile projects
The course duration is 2 days. It is organized in-class at our office hub in Vilvoorde.
Our accredited trainer shares his/her experience in software testing through various real-life examples. Different mock exams ensure that you’re optimally prepared to pass your certification exam.
The course material and course is in English.
All training material (course hand-out, syllabus, glossary, practical assignments with solutions and sample exams) are provided digital 2 weeks before the start of the training.
The exam can be taken via a flex (remote), in class or in an exam center of choice (Pearson Vue).
- 40 multiple-choice questions.
- Scoring of 1 point for each correct answer.
- Pass mark of 65%.
- Duration of 90 minutes (or 75, if the candidate’s native language is not the exam language).
€ 945/person for 2 days. All prices are inclusive of the exam fee, which is subject to change. At the time of publishing, the exam fee is € 245 per person. All prices are VAT excluded; course material, lunch and beverages are included.
By participant: if a subscribed course participant is replaced by another participant or if the public course is postponed to a later date, no cancellation costs apply. A participant or a group that fails to attend, or that cancels a course without at least 15 working days written notice prior to the course start, is liable for the full subscription cost. Exam fee is always due.
By ttl.be: ttl.be reserves the right to cancel a course at any time.
All courses begin promptly at 9 am and are scheduled until 5 pm.
This course is organized at an open location or can be given at the client site and are available for groups as well. Livestream, via Teams, is foreseen for all our open in-class training courses. Please contact us if you wish further information.