ISTQB® Certified Tester – Foundation Level – 10 February (In-class & Livestream)
February 10 @ 9:00 am – February 14 @ 5:00 pm
This course is a must for each test professional and is the best preparation for the certification exam. It’s useful for both developers and testers.
This three-day course provides insight in the fundamentals of testing: what is testing and why should one test, the fundamental test process, what it is and how the different steps in the process map on different software development models. It will also explain the different test levels (or test phases) and test types.
After this overview of the fundamental test process, techniques will be presented on how to perform static and dynamic testing.
Objectives for test management will be presented, covering topics like organizing the testing and test team, planning the test process, monitoring, and controlling the progress and reporting about these. It will also give information on risks and how to control them.
To conclude, an overview of different test tools will be provided, with benefits and risks and a way to introduce such a tool into an organization.
The course is a preparation for the exam and is accredited by ISTQB® and ISQI®. When you pass the exam, you receive a certificate that is recognized by ISTQB®.
Over 750.000 test professionals are already ISTQB® accredited. Our pass rate after our course is over 90%! Since 2002, the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB) is supporting a single, universally accepted international qualification scheme intended for software testing professionals.
Please note that this course does not focus on any speciﬁc project (Prince2® , PMP®,…), development (RUP®, XP, DSDM®,…) or test (TMap®, TestFrame™, STBox™, Testing Intelligence™,…) methodology; the principles taught here can be applied to any existing methodology.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders.
- Understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles to support test objectives.
- Design and prioritize tests by using established techniques; analyze both functional and non-functional specifications (such as performance and usability) at all test levels for systems with a low to medium level of complexity.
- Execute tests according to agreed test plans and analyze and report on the results of tests.
- Write clear and understandable incident reports.
- Effectively participate in reviews of small to medium-sized projects.
- Become familiar with different types of testing tools and their uses; assist in the selection and implementation process
This course is intended for anyone involved in software testing and quality, including developers, test engineers, test managers, test consultants, project managers and quality managers.
- Everyone new to the testing business.
- Experienced testers who require a theoretical background.
- Developers interested in testing.
- Project leaders/managers requiring more insight in testing.
- Everyone who wants to prepare for the ISTQB® Foundation exam in software testing.
On top of that, if you pass the exam, you will hold the ISTQB® CTFL certificate which:
- is considered as a plus on your CV.
- is a pre-requisite to establish further skills and knowledge to reach any of the Advanced Level Certificates.
No specific prerequisites are required. However, we strongly suggest a basic knowledge of software development. Programming knowledge is an advantage, but not a requirement.
The course is structured according to the ISTQB® Foundation syllabus. Check out the course overview.
Fundamentals of Testing
- General principles
- Fundamental process
- Psychology and ethics
Testing throughout the Software Development Life Cycle
- Test software development life cycle
- Test levels
- Test types
- Maintenance testing
- Review process
- Categories of design techniques
- Test organization
- Test planing and estimation
- Test monitoring and control
- Configuration management
- Risks and testing
- Defect management
Tool support for testing
- Test tool considerations
- Effective use of tools
The course duration is 3 days. It is organized in-class, although you’re always able to follow the training via livestream.
Our accredited trainer shares his/her experience in software testing through various real-life examples. Different mock exams ensure that you’re optimally prepared to pass your certification exam.
Course material is in English. The course can be given in Dutch.
All training material (course hand-out, syllabus, glossary, practical assignments with solutions and sample exams) are provided digital 2 weeks before the start of the training.
2 official ISTQB® Foundation books are send to the participant by post.
The exam can be taken via a flex (remote), in class or in an exam center of choice (Pearson View).
- 40 multiple-choice questions.
- Scoring of 1 point for each correct answer.
- Pass mark of 65%.
- Duration of 90 minutes (or 75, if the candidate’s native language is not the exam language).
€ 1.375/person for 3 days. All prices are inclusive of the exam fee, which is subject to change. At the time of publishing the exam fee is € 225 per person. All prices are VAT excluded; course material, lunch and beverages are included.
By participant: if a subscribed course participant is replaced by another participant or if the public course is postponed to a later date, no cancellation costs apply. A participant or a group that fails to attend, or that cancels a course without at least 15 working days written notice prior to the course start, is liable for the full subscription cost. Exam fee is always due.
By ttl.be: ttl.be reserves the right to cancel a course at any time.
All courses begin promptly at 9 am and are scheduled until 5 pm.
This course is organized at an open location or can be given at the client site and are available for groups as well. Livestream, via Teams, is foreseen for all our open in-class training courses. Please contact us if you wish further information.