*NEW* ISTQB® Certified Tester – Foundation Level V4.0 | 30 November, 1 & 4 December 2023 | Aartselaar
November 30 @ 9:00 am – December 4 @ 5:00 pm
This 3 day course is the first step towards better software and is a must for each professional in Software Development. It’s also the best preparation for the certification exam. It’s useful for both developers and testers.
This three-day course provides insight in the fundamentals of testing: what is testing and why should one test, the fundamental test process, what it is and how the different steps in the process map to different software development models. It will also explain the different test levels (or test phases) and test types.
After this overview of the fundamental test process, techniques will be presented on how to perform static and dynamic testing.
Objectives for test management will be presented, covering topics like organising the testing and test team, planning the test process, monitoring, and controlling the progress and reporting about these. It will also provide information on risks and how to control them.
To conclude, an overview of different test tools will be provided, with benefits and risks and a way to introduce such a tool into an organisation.
The course is a preparation for the exam and is accredited by ISTQB® and ISQI®. When you pass the exam, you receive a certificate that is recognized by ISTQB®. Holders of this certification will be eligible to proceed to the next stage of the Core, Agile or Specialist stream.
Please note that this course does not focus on any speciﬁc project (Prince2® , PMP®,…), development (RUP®, XP, DSDM®,…) or test (TMap®, TestFrame™, STBox™, Testing Intelligence™,…) methodology; the principles taught here can be applied to any existing methodology.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders;
- understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles to support test objectives;
- design and prioritize tests by using established techniques; analyse both functional and non-functional specifications (such as performance and usability) at all test levels for systems with a low to medium level of complexity;
- execute tests according to agreed test plans and analyse and report on the results of tests;
- write clear and understandable incident reports;
- effectively participate in reviews of small to medium-sized projects;
- become familiar with different types of testing tools and their uses;
- assist in the selection and implementation process.
This course is intended for anyone involved in software testing and quality, including developers, test engineers, test managers, test consultants, project managers and quality managers.
- Everyone new to the testing business.
- Experienced testers who require a theoretical background.
- Developers interested in testing.
- Project leaders/managers requiring more insight in testing.
- Everyone who wants to prepare for the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level exam in software testing.
Moreover, if you pass the exam, you will hold the ISTQB® CTFL certificate which:
- is considered as a plus on your CV;
- is a prerequisite to establish further skills and knowledge to proceed to the next stage in the ISTQB® streams Core, Agile or Specialist.
You can find the syllabus here.
No specific prerequisites are required. However, we strongly suggest basic knowledge of software development. Programming knowledge is an advantage, but not a requirement.
The course is structured according to the ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level syllabus. This way, you can relate the course topics to the syllabus and the book.
The course duration is 3 days and is organised virtually
Our accredited trainer shares his/her experience in software testing through various real-life examples. Different mock exams ensure that you’re optimally prepared to pass your certification exam.
Course material is in English. The course can be given in Dutch in an in-company format (in-class or virtual class via livestream)
All training materials (course hand-out, syllabus, glossary, practical assignments with solutions and sample exams) are provided at the start of the training.
The exam can be taken via a Flex (remote), in class or in an exam centre of choice (Pearson View).
- 40 multiple-choice questions.
- Scoring of 1 point for each correct answer.
- Pass mark of 65%.
- Duration of 60 minutes (or 75, if the candidate’s native language is not the exam language).
€1.595/person for 3 days. All prices are inclusive of the exam fee, which is subject to change. When publishing, the exam fee is €245 per person. All prices are VAT excluded; course material, lunch and beverages are included.
By participant: if a subscribed course participant is replaced by another participant or if the public course is postponed to a later date, no cancellation costs apply. A participant or a group that fails to attend, or that cancels a course without at least 15 working days written notice before the course start, is liable for the full subscription cost. Exam fee is always due.
By ttl.be: ttl.be reserves the right to cancel a course at any time.
All courses begin promptly at 9 am and are scheduled until 5 pm.
This course is organised at the Officenter in Aartselaar. When required you can subscribe to virtual classes via our calendar, or It can be given at your site or via livestream for teams via in-company format. Please get in touch with us if you wish further information.